Grand Hotel National
Select your stay dates to check availability at Grand Hotel National
Grand Hotel National
About the Hotel
With a stay at Grand Hotel National, you'll be centrally located in Lucerne, steps from Hofkirche and Grand Casino Lucerne. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Loewenplatz and Bourbaki Panorama.
Make yourself at home in one of the 41 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and espresso makers. 40-inch flat-screen televisions with digital programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages, body treatments, and facials. Gambling sorts can try their luck at the casino, while others may prefer an indoor pool or an outdoor tennis court. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel's dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
- Outdoor tennis court
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Multilingual staff
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Year Built 1870
- Luggage storage
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Smoke-free property
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 41
- Express check-in
- Indoor pool
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour business center
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Fitness facilities
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Spa services on site
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Individually furnished
- Daily housekeeping
- Espresso maker
- Designer toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Turndown service
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Room service (24 hours)
- Individually decorated
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Digital TV service
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Switzerland. This property is rated 5 stars.
Know Before You Go
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CHF 35 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CHF 360 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: CHF 60 per day
- Valet parking fee: CHF 35 per night
- Pet deposit: CHF 30.00 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 100 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 3.60 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Resort fee: CHF 2.10 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 12 October 2016 to 31 March 2017 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Meeting facilities